AN IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT VENDOR INSURANCE
A Gentle Reminder:
For your vendor application to be valid, you must obtain and provide proof of insurance for the entirety of the show, including set-up and tear-down days.
Your contract with the Peterborough Garden Show, the Peterborough Horticultural Society and the City of Peterborough reads in part like this: (page 2, # 10)
“You must obtain and maintain personal property and public liability insurance of not less than $1,000,000 for the duration of your use and occupation of the Exhibitor’s Booth. You are required to submit written proof of such insurance along with your 2018 Peterborough Garden Show application upon registration in order to deem your application valid and accepted”.
….so here’s the bottom line:
You need :
- At least a $1,000,000 liability policy
- To add The Peterborough Garden Show and/or The Peterborough Horticultural Society as the “additional insured”.
- The insurance needs to include the dates of both the set-up and tear-down days. as well as the show dates, of course – (Friday, April 13, Saturday the 14th, Sunday the 15th and Monday the 16th – in case needed).
Here are some options for you if you have not started to get your insurance:
1. Call your insurance broker and tell him or her what you will be doing. Ask for coverage – for the three items listed above.
2. You will need proof of coverage for the Show – email is fine.
3. Send that copy by Friday, Feb. 1st
to Sandy, Show Co-ordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
If your insurance company cannot do this for you, here is another option:
www.palcanada.ca (PAL Insurance Brokers)
This company insures vendors and exhibitors like you who attend shows like ours.
- On their site, choose the Exhibitor/Vendor option
- Answer the questions
- The cost listed is approx. $50.00 for up to 30 days with $1,000.000 liability
- For both liability and property, the cost will be approx. $75.00
- You will need to send that copy to Sandy by February 1st.
If you have any questions or concerns, please call Sandy at (705) 772-3400 – she would be happy to help you.
Thanks so much for doing the extra paperwork we need from you.
We wouldn’t ask if it wasn’t so especially important.
…and we are looking forward to seeing you at the best little garden show in Ontario.